[Return to weed
[Return to Weed
- Erect, fleshy plant that grows 1 to 4 feet tall.
- Basal leaves are stalked while upper leaves clasp the
- All but the upper leaves are deeply lobed with 1 to 3
lobes along each side.
- Flower heads are numerous and pale yellow, 1/4 to 3/4
- Seeds are flat and ribbed lengthwise.
- Tuft of fine hairs allows wind-borne dissemination.
Habitat/ Distribution/ Crops associated with:
- Introduced from Europe.
- Found throughout the western United States.
- Occur in vacant lots, roadsides, cultivated fields and
Herbicide Control Notes:
Gramoxone plus Goal, Sinbar, or Karmex/Direx is effective.