[Return to weed
[Return to Weed
- bushy plant with finely divided leaves.
- mature plants have elongated branshing stems with
- rounded or conical shaped disk flowers are
- crushed leaves have a pineapple scent.
Life cycle: summer or winter annual
- reproduces by seed.
- germinates early spring - early fall.
- young plants form a rosette.
- flowers May - Sept.
- perennial crops, turfgrass, landscape, and nursery
- tolerates compact soil amd mowing.
- native to the Pacific coast - now widely distributed
in the United States.
Herbicide Control Notes:
- Gramoxone plus Goal effective in late fall. Gramoxone
improves control with Direx/Karmex or Sinbar on larger pineappleweed.